Friday 14 February 2014

My IKEA Trip!








 
Hi there! So last week after college had finished me, my dad and my mum went to IKEA. I am missing a few pictures because of my iPod but bare with me! I can't actually remember what I was wearing but I know that I was really comfortable in it, which was nice seeing as I fell asleep in the car. While I was in the car I painted my nails a gorgeous blue colour from Barry M in the colour called Blue Grape. While we were also driving there before I fell asleep I started reading a book called Seating Arrangements. (I have read a couple of pages and already love it!)
 
As soon as we got there we decided to go and eat before filling the trolley and trying to put it somewhere before we went to eat. So as you can see I had meatballs and gravy with chips. After that I decided to have jelly. (I was so full and before anyone says anything I know very healthy!!) The main reason why I had agreed to go was because I am hoping to move rooms with my brother before my 18th birthday.  So that he gets the smaller room he needs and I get the bigger room I seriously do need! So I started to look at bedroom kind of things that I would want to put in my new room. I also needed to look at new desks and new beds because after having the same one for 10 years I think its time for a change.
 
So the first thing I saw with I thought looked really pretty was the lampshade. When it is hung up and out of the packaging it looks so pretty and will give off lots of light. It also fits the theme that I am planning on having in my new room. Which is mainly white and then splashes of colour here and there. As we went round I saw a really pretty lamp as well. I thought that with the smaller version of the lampshade would look so pretty as well and very grown up. As we got further into the store we got to room decorations and I saw the 2 canvases with butterflies on them. Now if you have ever met me in person you will know that I have the mind of a 5 year old. So I love butterflies so I thought that was quite cute. As I walked on I saw the other two frames with the art work of butterflies in it. I still haven't decided which I will want to buy but I will worry about that nearer the time!
 

Now me and my dad are really close but we are such big kids when put together for so long. After going round half of the store and me not really finding anything except for a cuddly panda bear and 4 candles, I had started to get bored and not interested anymore. So while my mum and dad were looking at pillows and bed sheets (while I didn't find any bed sheets I liked again!) I walked back over to my mum and dad. My dad had found these huge long fish door stoppers, (at least I think that's what they were) so he picked one up and looked at them and I had no idea what he was doing until he hit me with one. So I picked one up as well and we just started hitting each other with them while running round the store, acting like big kids. It finally stopped as my mum saw me and my dad doing this and told us off like we were 5. I put mine back and my mum asked my dad on his opinion on colours for the bedroom in our new caravan. He said they would go nicely and hit me in the face with the fish door stopper he still had in his hands and then he put it back. Safe to say never leave me and my dad alone around things like that!
 
As we were walking through the bedroom area part I saw this lovely cushion with the grey flowers on it and I thought that would love really pretty on a made bed in front of the pillows with (of course) all of my teddy bears! I thought it would look really pretty! So as we walked through to the other parts of the store, I finally found the part with all the beds and I found a really nice white wooden day bed! I thought that would look so nice and then the sheets can add that bit of colour to my room along with candles, books and other parts of things I would keep there to use. I loved it so much I just need to sort out my room. As we got to the end my mum and I had a disagreement about what desk I should have. My mum thought that a bedside table which was tiny would be a perfect thing for the desk. I however liked a proper desk which was perfect! We are still unresolved but there is time yet.

Have you ever been to IKEA? What colour theme is your bedroom? Do you think I did well with looking at things I might need in my room? Feel free to comment down in the comments. If you need to email me, you can contact me at realdreaming1@gmail.com . Also feel free to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter, Tumblr, Polyvore and Instagram. See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. I recently changed around my bedroom, thanks to Ikea! I'd really recommend you look in their discounted section (usually by the tills..) I managed to get a bed, a mattress and a new chest of drawers all for at least 50%, saving well over £200! Most of the pieces are ex-display, so may be a little knocked about, but everything I got looks absolutely fine in my bedroom! :) another thing is that they don't come boxed, which can actually be quite a help.. we just put the drawers in the car, and took them out when we got home - no building necessary!
    You found some really nice stuff on your trip, I'd love to see the finished product when you do switch rooms!! :)
    amyalaska
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA is amazing!! And when we go back to get some things I will make sure to look there before buying anything!! Sounds like a bargain!! Even if they are a bit knocked about nothing a lick of paint can't sort! Well as soon as it does happen there will defiantly be a post about it, hopefully in April, May or June. xx

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely blog x
    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete