Thursday 27 February 2014

A very late Nails Monday #5!

Hi there! So, I didn't do the Nails Monday on a Monday. I am aware of this! But with college drawing to an end I have honestly not had the time to do the blog post! I have loads of work and deadlines to meet, so I did my nail last night and I am planning on doing the rest tonight. So, if you didn't know I am british and the Brits were this past week. I was super happy for One Direction for winning 2 awards and all the other artists. They definitely deserved them and I hope they enjoyed the celebrations. Why/how does this link in with my nails? I hear you ask. Well, my nails this week is a union jack design. I warn you now, I have not took pictures of all the steps and they start off as a bit blurry and then end as quite clear pictures. So here we go!
I'm sorry its so blurry!
So I started off with filing my nails into the shape I wanted and smoothing out any ridges that my nail had. I then applied the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure to my nails. (I will be doing a review on this nail polish very soon.) After that had dried very quickly, I used the Gelly Shine Nail Polish from Barry M in the colour Blood Orange in 347, to paint a cross over the whole nail. As you can see. The only tool I used for this is the brush end of my nail tool.

After I had done this, I got the Barry M nail paint in Matt White in 66. I outlined the red lines I had already painted onto my nails. Then I got the Gelly Shine Nail Polish that I used before and painted on 4 diagonal lines from each corner of the cross in the middle of the nail.



After I had painted that on, I outlined the new red lines with the white nail polish again. After all of that had been done, I got the Gelly Shine Nail Polish from Barry M in the colour Blue Grape in 402. In the spaces that had no colour on, I filled in with the nail polish as the blue on a Union Jack Flag. Even if I do say so myself, I think it looks very cute. I have never done this type of nail art before, so this was a first for me as well.

What do you think of this Nail Art? Do you use a lot of Barry M nail polishes? What do you think of the Barry M range? I just want to remind you all that as soon as I reached 100 followers on this blog I will be doing a giveaway! So thank you for sticking by, while I have had the very busy college work week. Feel free to comment down in the comments. If you need to email me, you can contact me at realdreaming1@gmail.com . Also feel free to follow me on BloglovinTwitterTumblrPolyvore and Instagram. See you soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment