Monday 13 January 2014

Nails Monday #1!

Hi there! So it's a Monday night and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, filled with fun. I am off on Mondays if you don't already know and I decided instead of painting them one colour I decided to paint little eyes on them and if I say so myself, I think I did a damn good job! So here are all the products that I used and I will tell you how I did it.
 
 
So first I used the Bourjois Paris Nail Polish Remover to remove the nail polish on that had chipped and I had been wearing for over a week. So after all of that was taken off I decided to paint on a base coat of the OPI Natural Base Coat. Now I know that OPI is quite expensive, so if you want to recreate this nail art any clear nail polish will do, as will any cotton wool and nail polish remover will as well. After I had applied a base coat I applied two coats of a black Nails Inc. nail polish. This nail polish is called New York Noir. I'm not sure if this was a limited edition nail polish or not but I got this in a company magazine back in October/November I can't remember which.
 
 
So after I had applied two coats of that black nail polish I picked up the Barry M white nail polish. The nail polish that I am using is 66 Matt White. Now Barry M nail polish is amazing. It is long lasting and hardly ever chips. I used my nail tool to paint on two ovals as for the whites of the eyes. I did 2 coats for that as well so you don't see the black underneath.


So after I used the brush part for the whites of the eyes, I used the other end of the nail tool to dot on the pupil of the eye. To dot on the pupil I used the same black I used for the main coat of the nail. Nails Inc. nail polish is amazing and hardly ever chips either. I love it so much and I love wearing it on its own or with nail art on top as well.


So after the whole of the eyes are painted on I used the base coat I used as another top coat as well. As I said before any clear nail polish will do as a base coat and top coat. This is so easy to recreate and you can get the nail art tool from an Avon catalogue for £3, which is really cheap compared to nail art brushes in a set which cost a lot. I hope you have liked seeing what I have done to my nails for this week.

Have you done any nail art on your nails? Is there any brand of any colour that you love either on its own or with another colour? Do you like what I did with my nails this week? Feel free to comment down below.

Feel free to follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Tumblr and Polyvore. If you want to follow me on Instagram my name is livvy15. I would link it up but my computer doesn't seem to like the website. So my picture on Instagram is the same picture as my profile picture on here. On my Instagram you will see what I'm using on my nails on Mondays and what I'm doing my blog posts about. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment